Monday, June 23, 2008

Stomach Flu, Movies, and Sailor Moon!

It's been I while since my last post, but I've been terribly sick. Some sort of stomach flu was..is..going around where I live, and I unfortunately got it. IT WAS HORRIBLE! I originally got it in my head that I was food poisoned or something, but really it was the flu. I won't get in to the dirty details, but let me tell you..the details are dirty.

Also, I am DYING to see the movie "The Happening." I've seen previews for it, clips of it, and I am a huge fan of M. Night Shyamalan [Sixth Sense, Signs, Lady In The Water, The Happening, etc.], so of course I want to see this movie..looks really great. For one reason, I love love love LOVE horror movies and thriller movies. There's just something amazing about them that really appeal to me. I'm a huge fan of old horror movies too; all the old slasher movies like with Jason, and Freddy, or Chucky and Michael Myers. Love it. But I also love the oldies too, like the old black and white "thrillers." Those were the days..if only I was able to see them on the big screen..or on IMax, that would be so cool.

Alright, subject change real quick, I hate hate HATE laptops for yet another reason: the very sensitive touch pad that acts as your mouse is far too sensitive. I mean, I've had boyfriends who were less sensitive! Good Lord!!! It's really pissing me off.

You see, I have recently discovered a website [http://www.zomganime.com/] that has SO MANY anime shows practically zip-packed in the site..I mean you practically have to lube the mother up just to close the site. So I was looking around on there, and wouldn't you know it, it had the English dubbed version of Sailor Moon. AHH! I was practically pissing my pants, I was so excited! I've been watching the episodes for a while now, and sometimes the video host they are associated with [Veoh, among others] would load maybe five minutes of an episode [if I'm lucky], half an episode, or if it really hates me, all the episode up towards the climax, and then the video host will stop loading the show, resulting in my having to restart the loading process. I really didn't care at first, but now the loading times are starting to get longer, which means the video will play, and then stop even though it's still loading, like on YouTube, where you have to let it finish loading before you can watch the video in it's entirety.

So back to my touch pad problem [on top of my video loading problem] it gets irritating because the touch pad, if even slightly tapped upon, will make the page I'm currently on go back in the history of that page. So you could imagine that on top of horrible loading times, the fact that I'd have to endure another what sees like a half hour of waiting for an episode to load would pretty much piss me off royally. Very aggravating.

I shall wrap this up because I'm getting sorta tired of typing right now..plus my Sailor Moon episode is almost done loading [insert happy face here].

HappyBlogging!

No comments: